ABN’s Kumasi Radio Strategy May Not Be Successful in Accra – Clement Owusu Agyei C.E.O ERMEA
ABN's Kumasi Radio Strategy May Not Be Successful in Accra
Clement Owusu Agyei the chief Executive Officer for Eastern Region Media Excellence Awards today wrote an Article on his Facebook timeline about recent poaching ongoing in the radio industry and this what he wrote on his timeline
“Radio In Accra is completely different from Radio Kumasi.
In Kumasi Listeners Follow Personality Brands.
That’s how come top Presenters
(Especially Sports Presenters) will move from Station A to New Station and the former becomes dejected.
The case is not same with Accra. In Accra the average Listener follows the RADIO BRAND.
New Stations whose major focus was on Personality Brands and thus did a lot of Poaching have failed over the years. No need to mention names we know them already.
The Radio Frequency must also resonate with the “average” listener. It will take quite some time for this to be done though. But honestly speaking, by then the already existing ones might have restrategized.
ABN’s Angel FM can not do the same thing others are doing to take over the Akan Radio Space in Accra. But from their line up its just a combination of 70% multimedia and 30% others. This is not a assurance of announcing your presence. It may work for some few months but most Listeners will still stick to their Adom FM and Peace FM News as well as Kokrokoo and DwasoNsem because of the BRAND.
I am not saying there should have been completely new faces but at least a slight combination could have been better.
There must be something different. Something that requires months of work to build – A Brand. A BRAND that the for Team can to Ride On even before real production started. E.g Strong Social Media Handles, Powerful News Websites etc.
On the other note, producers will have a though time. In fact they will have to be answering which Radio Station did you say you are calling from for a long time.
Remember panelists who these Personality Brands have been working with over the years and have actually contributed to “WHO” they are may not necessarily MOVE with them to their new job.
What we have seen over the years is that most TOP Presenters who ditch their parent Station whether on agreed terms or not turns to be frustrated because of failed expectations.
But in all, CHANGE IS THE ONLY CONSTANT.
Kumasi’s Radio Strategy MAY not Work here Accra .
I beg no dis me oooo..just an opinion.”
- My brand is bigger than Medikal – Funny Face(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Fiokee – Good Time Ft T-Classic x Alex & Jean(Opens in a new browser tab)
- A-Plus declares his interest for contesting for president in 2024(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Naf Kassi – Special Feeling (Prod. by Eyoh Soundboy)(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Breaking: Fameye Arrested for driving with DV number plate(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Official Video: Medikal – Accra(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Akuapem Poloo’s son sends inspirational message to her(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Yaw Tog – Time (Full Ep)(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Video: KiDi blasted live on radio for been late to an interview(Opens in a new browser tab)
- DMCA: Content Removal